Re: [IPk] Sunny holidays with a pump

Hi Zoe,

     I use the Disetronic pump and have been swimming without any problems,
I do make sure the batteries and the tubing are nice and tight and dry it
carefully afterwards, I have read the so called warnings of problems and
admit I havn't been swimming since this, but not for that reason, and I
would probably still wear it, you could always contact Estelle Lucas @
Disetronic for further developments on 02476 531338, sorry thats if your on
this pump.
     As for sand and grit last year I laid a patio in the garden with lots
of sand and brick work and never actually gave the pump much thought I know
its not the beach but as a comparison I probably got more sand on it than
you would on the beach and it was dropped in the cement once without no
problem, I did notice on the batteries when removing them ther was some grit
in them but when I change the batteries I always  wipe the compartments
around with a dry cotton bud and blow any bits out.

Enjoy your holiday and stop worrying

Best regards