RE: [IPk] Sharps bins

You can buy sharps bins from owen mumford medical supplies in Oxford they
work out at 2 for less than a fiver. hospitals will accept them for
disposal. Doctors surgeries may not as it comes out of their budget

>From: "Elizabeth OShea" <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: <email @ redacted> >Subject: RE:
[IPk] Sharps bins >Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:38:27 +0100 > >Hi Pat - >
>I'm impressed that the council even offers sharps containers! It never
>occured to me to ring the Corporation to look for a sharps contianer,
but I >can imagine the response I would have got. The hospital told me,
when I >asked, that the health board wouldn't supply sharps containers to
people. > >I fold my inserter needles in half and tuck them in the
plastic cover the >infusion set comes in, or the foil wrapper the swab
comes in, and then put >them in the bin. Frankly, I don't know what else
to do. I have previously >disposed of them in the sanitary disposal units
in the toilet at work, but I >stopped doing that because I don't know if
anyone actually touches the >contents of those bins, and I don't think
they'd be expecting an unguarded >sharp. It's a difficult thing to figure
because the plastic on the inserter >sets means they won't fit into a
mineral bottle, which is what I've used for >pen needles and syringes.
Actually, I have a used syringe sitting next to my >bed. I must buy a 7UP
or something... > >Don't know if any of that is helpful, Pat, but that's
what I've been doing >so far. > >elizabeth