RE: [IPk] Re: Needles for Free WAS Sharps bins

Apparently they see it as a means of reducing the spread of disease (public
safety issue).

They get a new needle for every used one they return.  Apparently there is
nothing stopping DMers from exchanging theirs in the same way, but given
that some people would use say 4 a day, that would not really be practical.

What's crazy is that the policy varies from state to state!

I used to be paranoid about going through customs (apparently the Aussie
ones are some of the strictist in the world, but then again you get
fumigated going into the country - worse than going into the States even
now!), and I got searched going out of Stansted recently.  They found my
tester and supplies, but once I said what they were used for they were fine.

I have never worried about getting broken into and having syringes stolen,
but mine are kept high up in my cupboard, where they probably wounldn't
think to look for syringes!