RE: [IPk] Sharps bins

>Like you Melissa, I've always handed in used needles and blood products
(test strips etc) at my doctor's surgery. They dispose of them by
incineration (burning). Perhaps I'm ultracautious, but used needles do not
in my opinion belong in the council's rubbish dump - even if inside a
plastic bottle. The bottle will get crushed and there will be needles

I agree completely, but the doctors and clinics here won't take them!