[IPk] Cases

In message <email @ redacted>, Paul Nestor
<email @ redacted> writes
>I would like to
>surprise her with buying a few accessories but where and what are my
>options as she only has one case for the pump.

This last weekend I had a conversation with a leatherworker about the
possibility of a new case.  I'm going to send him the dimensions, and
some design ideas, and he's going to cost it for me.

We were talking about some Celtic knotwork design on the flap.  Since
then, I've wondered about having something made to match a bracelet I'm
fond of: it has flat cut amber in silver rectangular compartments -
modernist, but the method of cutting the stone is early medieval. A
mount of something like that down the side of a leather case which is
amber-coloured, perhaps.

Has anyone else had a custom-made case?  Or (clever things) made one

>And i love that saying "it may look messy now but look back in a hundred
>years" i keep on reading on the mails i get.
Terry Pratchett is a very, very, funny writer!  He has written (among
other things) a series of books set on 'Discworld'.  The character who
has this line is an architect who has problems with scale.  I like its
ambiguity: in 500 years, everything will be nice and tidy OR if you
think this is bad, come back in 500 years, and you'll see REAL mess.

Best wishes to all

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)