[IPk] Melatonin

My brother and sister are firm believers in Melatonin as a "safe and
way of relaxing or as an aid to getting to sleep.
I was give a small container as a gift, but the label on the back says, in
part, "if you have ....., diabetes,...."
consult your doctor.
I will do that at my next appointment, but first I think it's more
important to ask the experts, you!

so, what experiences, good, bad, or ugly do you have with this  "natural
food supplement"?

that's the way it is marketed  in the US,
btw, it's been quite a while since I've posted, soI should  re-introduce
I am from California, and I am working on corporate assignment in
England(Warwick) for another 18 months.
I use a Disetronic, test 6 to 8 times a day, I have fairly tight control,
and  am in generally good health.
I would really appreciate your   comments.
Then, when I see the doctor, I'll be prepared!

thanks in advance.

Bob Weitzman