Re: [IPk] my old pump and the dodgy reservoirs

The Minimed pumps do not need regular servicing, and in fact all you can do
is clean them and check that the flow rate and occlusion alarms are within
normal range. However some hospitals seem to require this to be done
regularly, and it is certainly something that they are capable of doing (Job
creation ? if I want to be cynical). I don't know how they can do this in
one hour though. As I like to be really sure I would normally do a flow test
over a 24 hour period, so you would expect a pump sent back to us to take
three or four days.

Some people do like the reassurance of a regular check-up and we would
normally do this free of charge. If any one requires this, it would
certainly be a good idea as the pump comes up to the end of it's 4 year
warranty, so you can be sure we find any potential problems while within the
warranty period (We will arrange a loan pump while we have yours). But
equally many people just let their pumps run for years without any

In the rare event of an actual breakdown then the pump usually needs to be
returned to the US for complete servicing.

I hope this answers the question

Best regards

Ray Morrissey