[IPk] my old pump and the dodgy reservoirs

Well I finally handed in my old 506 pump to the clinic today, as i got a letter
from them asking for it.
I told them I wasn't too happy about the fact that they were only *loaning* me
the 508, but i was *giving* them my 506 (which belongs to me personally). I
would have let them have it anyway, but it was the fact that they were
demanding it. Anyway, I was told that the only reason the new pump was on loan
instead of being given to me was that it meant the hospital would have it
serviced once a year for me if it belonged to them. And that if I were to leave
Sheffield, for example, they wouldn't take the pump away from me (still not
sure I believe that, but still....) So I feel better about it now. They also
said that the pump servicing would only take about an hour, so it wouldn't mean
I was pumpless. I don't understand that - I thought the pum phad to be sent off
to Minimed for servicing. Are they just talking about someone inthe hospital
looking at it and checking it still works? If so, that seems like a waste of
time! Pete/Ray, perhaps you know something about this?

I also complained about the reservoirs they had given me which were 3 years out
of date. At first the nurse just told me I was WRONG and they weren't out of
date. I argued with her for a while before she said that AMT must have sent her
out of date reservoirs because they were a new batch. I don't believe that for
a minute - I bet they were a box sitting at the back of the cupboard. FOr a
start, the box had been opened. Of course, she wasn't going to admit
responsibility - though she said she'd go and check the other boxes....
Do you think I should write a letter of complaint to the hospital about this?