Re: [IPk] minimed sensor for monitoring blood levels

> I think Guy's is a schizoid department - I was told today that the
> GlucoWatch was a BAD thing because it caused allergic reactions
> (this comment came out of the blue - I was being put on the pump,
> and the nurse was talking about possible allergic reactions to
> pump-things, and mentioned the watch in passing.

That is not true. The Gluco Watch works by applying a mild electric
current across the skin. This draws the interstatial(sp?) fluid out
of the body so that the glucose content can be measured. This process
is mildly irriating to the skin FOR SOME PEOPLE, and may sometimes
cause a mild rash. There are numerous people on the US list that have
participated in the trials and can give you more info if you wish --
or search the US mail archives. As they say.... "it ain't a big deal"