[IPk] minimed sensor for monitoring blood levels

Dear John (Davis) et al
I thought I'd let you know how I got on when I asked my consultant about
trying the blood sensor test over 3 days that we discussed. He informed me
that it was "outdated" and talked to me about the Watch-type test. I knew he'd
be keen on the watch as he was one of the doctors involved in the trials at
Guy's, so I listened but mentioned that people had been burnt when using them.
He said that only one male got burnt and I think suggested the man was foolish
for not telling them it hurt earlier, as if that makes a difference.
He did say some people suffered rashes and it needed a bit of work done but
essentially was fine. When I pushed him on the "older" method and asked if I
could still try it if I wanted. He said maybe, but he only knew of Dr Pickup
having one and didn't know if he had "all the bits"!!
I know I should be patient (and have agreed to be so) but it's frustrating
that it boils down to resources again, he even started telling me how much it
all costs so I felt worse.
On a good note, with the perseverance of my new nurse:) I was able to leave
knowing that he would support me for a pump perhaps in the future but doesn't
want to rush things...where have I heard that before:(