infusion sites was RE: [IPk] long flight

>(ever tried disconnecting a set in your
backside discreetly?)!

speaking of infusing into your backside, I tried a site there for the first
time yesterday. It was disastrous for me! My absorption was uneven all day,
and particularly last night, when my blood sugar just collapsed on me. I
finally stopped fooling myself that it would 'settle down' when I woke this
morning with a BG of 16.8 (my previous test, at 2.50am, had been 3.2). When
I took it out it was all bent and a bit bloody, and the site bled. The funny
thing was that in my dram last night I dreamt that I looked down at a site
on my belly and there was blood oozing out from it. When I removed the set,
it bled prfusely, but in a dark and very sticky, glob-like way. Upsetting!
So my unconscious mind must have know what was going on, even though my
conscious mind was in denial!

I'm very disappointed about this because the set went in beautifully and
painlessly. I may try it again, however, because I've had a bad week
set-wise anyway. Perhaps it will work when the the weather
changes/constellations shift/I get my tax allowance certificate/[insert
random event of your choice].

So I'm back to infusing on my belly, and things are settling nicely.