RE: [IPk] long flight

There are only about 40-50 people on pumps in Australia. I don't think
you'll have too much of a problem. (Others may have been through the
immigration etc..so may offer you more advice.) As far as timing etc..
Some people do a temp increase if they are going to be less active
sitting on the flight - to what they do normally. Some also set the
clock when they get to the destination to allow for basal changes.
Whatever happens do more frequent monitoring to check your levels.

If you are worried about immigration, simply carry a letter from your GP
or Diabetes Team using headed notepaper with contact details. If you
have insurance - check this covers your pump and supplies. Carry your
insulin, some supplies and batteries and spare pen/syringe in your hand
luggage. Some pumps have "insulin Pump" marked on the pump itself - so
you shouldn't have a problem.

Don't consider it a problem unless they frisk you because it may not
beep when you go through the security gate - it is not necessary to
point it out beforehand.

And most of all - enjoy your trip!
Julette
Diabetes Dietitian - Bournemouth (and fellow Australian)