No Subject

I have had an insulin pump previously -it was a Graseby pump which suited me
fine but unfortunately is now obsolete. The pump was bought and funded
initially by the NHS but towards the end I had to pay for my syringes and
infusion sets. I have had Diabetes since I was 3. more than forty years -I
have a few complications but I can live with them.Luckily my sight and
kidneys are OK but I worry about the future, my control is dreadful- so
unpredictable now.I really would like to be back on the pump but do not seem
to be able to persuade my consultant that I felt so much better when I had
the pump. Even if I fund it myself the hospital say they cannot afford the
medical back up needed. Does anyone know of a hospital in the Southeast who
is sympathetic and prepared to help with funding the pump and also offer the
support required? I live in St Albans and travel to London for my care so I
am prepared to travel !!!  I have been in touch with the BDA but they were
not very helpful I also have all the Minimed and Disotronic brochures
thanking you Carmel