Re: [IPk] Talking of hypos

>I am still blaiming the change of season, but I travelled by train from
>Salzburg to Hannover a couple of days ago for an evening performance. I ate
>a decent lunch on the train, but snacked terribly all evening at Hannover.
>After the show I felt really shitty, depressed and travel-weary (I'd been
>on the road for 3 days). I cycled back to my hotel, and felt like I had a
>massively high bg - complete with thirst. I checked it - 2.4. Ha! I usually
>get symptoms at 3.9. There we are.

I sometimes get the same thing.
Last night, however, I had the opposite - I was in a really happy mood,
full of bounciness and energy! It's like  what I call the  "housework
hypo" - anyone else get that? Where you're cleaning the house and really
into it, rushing around madly, singing to yourself, and you sudden;y
realise you're getting  low and you carry on anyway, because you have loads
of adrenalin going. And then when you finally stop you find your Bg
is about 2.0......

 >I also find getting off the train at the end of a long journey
seems to >cause my bg to plunge. Anyone else find this? I'm usually quite
active >during the journey - yes, I'm one of those irritating people that
wander up >and down the train the whole time. It just seems that the nerves
of arrival >causes something to happen. I now routinely take 4 glucose
tablets on >arrival - a sort of pre-emptive strike.

getting *on* a train sometimes does that to me, but then my BG usually goes
up because of sitting still for so long.....I don't tend to wander unless
the train's fairly empty (hah!) - more often than not, even the conductor
can't get down the corridor, let alone anyone else.