[IPk] Idea for balance?

While I would be amazed if anyone took up the suggestion below I just offer
it as an example of very recent experience.
Since returning home after my hip replacement operation my (diabetic)
balance has been better than ever before in my life. Bgs upon waking have,
with one exception all been within the range 3.8 - 6.7, likewise before
going to bed (with two exceptions 9.7 and 8.6) they have all been in the
range 3.7 - 6.5, before evening meal while not quite as good, within the
last week they have all been in the range 4.5 - 5.8. So if anyone is
desperate they might suggest to their consultant that they got their hip
There has been one downturn, almost every night I have had to get up to go
to the loo in the middle of the night, this had never ever happened before,
unless my bg was high (or in university days I was drunk). This problem
would appear to be sorting itself out however, whether this will mean my
control will get worse I do not know.
What is worse a hip operation with what it involves (including
non-allowance to drive for several weeks) or bad control?
If anybody else has had a hip replacement I would interested to know how it
affected their diabetic control.