Re: [IPk] cheesecake

Hi Diana,

I don't know if this recipe for cheesecake will be of any use to you but I
make it for my daughter, herself a 10yr old pumper, and it doesn't affect
her blood sugar readings at all, here goes:-

6oz digestive biscuits, crushed (I use the reduced fat ones)
4oz low fat spread, melted
1 sachet sugar-free jelly (same flavour of fruit you're using)
1/2 pint boiling water
8oz reduced fat cottage cheese
8oz fresh strawberries, or preferred fruit.

prepare base of biscuit crumbs and low fat spread, press into an 8inch flan
dish and chill in the fridge.
Dissolve jelly and set aside to cool, but not set.
Pass cottage cheese through seive.
Reserving a few strawberries for decoration(or just to eat whilst working),
blend the remainder until smooth.
Stir into jelly with the cottage cheese.
Pour onto the base and chill until set.
Decorate with remaining fruit (if there's any left) and enjoy!!!!!!!
Total carb content 130g.   Total calories 1450.
Different but delicious!!
Hope this is of use.
Bev Butterfield.