Re: [IPk] Re lumps and bumps

At 25-04-00 11:45 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi All ,
>  I've been to see a consultant about a lump in my breast today ( nothing
> to worry about at the minute ).He told me that diabetics are prone to
> breast lumps???? I've never heard of this anyone else got a clue what he'
> s talking about? I intend asking him more when I see him on Thursday.Its
> crazy the longer I'm a diabetic the more things I find we are "prone " to.

Having seen Juliette's conditions from her second email on this subject it
would appear to require the individual to be female. Might I pose a further
query, if this DFBD does exist can it also exist in men?
My reason for asking is that sometime last year a lump developed/appeared
in my left breast (if that is the correct word). Unfortunately due to more
painful concerns at the time I have not had it investigated, despite
enquiries (including the existence of breast cancer in men) while in
hospital I was continually told to go to my GP. Until fully mobile I do not
wish to make extra journeys unless unavoidable, thus it may be a month or
so before it gets investigated but the DFBD is most interesting.
It is also surprising that a hospital will not do a simple (?)
investigation unless a referral for that has been made. It makes me wonder
if somebody in hospital for migraine would be left to die if they had a
heart attack while in there.
Best wishes,