Re: [IPk] exercise & BGs

>I think the guy was Peter Standing. I had a chat with him after the JDF
>conference. He was very interested in my pump - my line was if he was happy
>with his MDI, stick with it, but be aware that there are other options.

That was him. I had a long discussion with him about pumps too (and we
argued a fair bit about various things!)
 I was not convinced that raising
his BG that high was good for his performarnce (from my own experience). He
admitted that his performance might be suffering as a result, but that
since it worked for him he was happy. I also argued about the testing while
running thing!

However, I am aware that maybe it is the only solution that works for him,
he reminds me of the diabetic who walked across one of the big deserts who
was featured in Balance a few years back.
He found that he was losing weight, but didn't want to eat more carbs
because he didn't want to upset his control (since he had previously
worked out his insulin doses). That one just screamed at me..........