Re: [IPk] reusing reservoirs - needles

>On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, you wrote:
>>Those of you who reuse your reservoirs, what do you do with the needle in
>>between fills?  How do you store it?
>Hi Elizabeth
>I stick it back in the needle cover thing, and then store it with the
>insulin bottle box with the bottle. That way I always know where it is and
>it's to hand when I next do a refill.
>I also always keep a spare one in my "emergency kit" with a spare cartridge
>of Humalog, infusion set, etc. just in case.

I screw the needle back onto an old reservoir, and then put the needle cap
back on. It keeps it clean and out of harm's way. A while ago I managed to
get some gunk in the needle hub when it was rattling around loose in my
diabetes kit bag (=makeup bag) and this ended up floating around inside the
bottle of Humalog. Bye-bye one bottle of Humalog...

And any remains of insulin in the old reservoir will help zap any bugs. The
MiniMed SofSets used to have a nice white cap that would screw into the
needle hub, but I don't think it's there anymore.

mailto:email @ redacted