Re: [IPk] Re: insulin-carb ratios

>At 04-04-00 17:09 +0100, you wrote:
>>Elizabeth asked:
>> >Did anyone out there have their insulin to carb ratio change after they
>>started on the pump?  I'm curious because there's generally a relationship
>>between total insulin usage and how much insulin you need for a given amount
>>of carb.

>Re. insulin/carb ratio there is a simple test that can be done to test it.
>Admittadly it is not very pleasant but is accurate. It involves an
>overnight stay in hospital whereby your bg is controlled by the amount of
>glucose administered (through a drip), previously a continuous insulin
>supply is attached at a level calculated from your average daily insulin

Good grief Jeremy! Which private clinic do you suggest Elizabeth checks in to?

Elizabeth, I suspect most figures will change after you start, as the
body's insulin sensitivity settles down over the first few months. The
reasons for this are possibly weird and unknowable. See Franco's

mailto:email @ redacted