RE: [IPk] Re: Very low carb diet

I wouldn't necessarily say that the dietitian is wrong - it is difficult
taking small sections of info out of the context but yes - pump trained
centres are better choices - but then again - how else will other health
professionals (HPs) get the experience (mine is through learning and
reading and YES it is still growing). With more people trained it will
be easier for pump therapy to be a more accepted treatment method - and
possible implications for government funding are obvious.
A few more experienced health profs are hopefully getting together to
set up a course for HPs so they might spread the word about appropriate
pump therapy training - unfortunately this all takes time - if done
properly.

Julette Kentish
Diabetes Research Dietitian
Royal Bournemouth Hospital
Castle Lane East - Bournemouth DORSET BH7 7DW