Re: [IPk] Motor Insurance

In message <email @ redacted>, Ian Grant
<email @ redacted> writes
>Dear All,
>My cousin, age 30, on insulin almost since birth (not a pumper) had a car
>accident while hypo and got banned. She is about to get her license back but
>cannot find motor insurance at an affordable price. She is trying the BDA
>brokers but I wondered if anyone could recommend a sympathetic insurance

I used to pay extraordinarily high insurance (despite being a museum
curator, which, apparently, makes you the safest driver in the world!).
Then I changed jobs, and got a company car as part of the employment
package - naturally, I told my employer's insurance department - who
said, effectively 'if an insurance company wants to sting us for extra
payments for staff who the DVLC say are safe to drive, they must be
made'.  As a result, I am now driving a new car (rather than a 10-year-
old one), and am better off.

Your cousin's employers might be persuaded to let her into the scheme
even if she isn't on the right grade, as an adaption to meet her needs
as a disabled person.  Or she might find a lease- or purchase -with-
insurance deal which will ignore the diabetes in order to make a sale.
If she ever worked for the civil service or post office, etc. try the
CSMA deals.

Best wishes,
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)