Re: [IPk] Decreasing vs. increasing basal requirements

.. Don't know why the first experience on
>the pump should be that of a drop and then an increase in insulin
>requirements. Maybe it's got something to do with the liver, reacting
>for the first time since diagnosis to a physiological (= constant
>low-level) delivery of insulin? Perhaps this causes it to break down
>less glycogen into glucose and convert more glucose into glycogen until
>a new equilibrium is reached, after which insulin requirements go back
>up again? Anyway, just a few thoughts for the inquisitive to ponder
>about ...

I experienced exactly the same thing when I started on the pump, but I am
fairly convinced that it was due to a residue of long-acting insulin in my
body, which gradually diminished but took about 10 days to disappear
Another possibility, anyway.