Re: [IPk] Re: Mike's query about insulin treatment

> That amount of insulin is not unusaul for a type II (which I think
> he is) who has a lot of insulin resistance. I know people who take
> 40 units a day or more. Also combining tablets with insulin is not
> that unusual either for type IIs.

Insulin useage is dependent on much more than size or type of
diabetes. There are adults who use as little as 30 u a day while
others use three times that. Adolescents use prodigious amounts. My
daughter uses 60 to 90 units a day depending on her activity level,
she's 15 and weighs about 125 lbs. this is definetly one of those
areas where YMMV.