Re: [IPk] more (slight) problems

> >At the moment about 35-40. IN THE USA THEY USE THE RULE OF 1500 TO
> CALCULATE INSULIN SENSITIVITY .
> GIVEN YOUR DAILY INSULIN USAGE [ CALCULATED ON 35U ] 1 UNIT OF INSULIN
> SHOULD REDUCE YOUR B/G BY 42mg/dl = 2.3mmol/l. THIS IS JUST A GUIDE BUT IT
> WORKS WELL .

Yes, I'm familiar with all those calculation rules.
I initially calculated 2 mmol/l based on my previous insulin intake
(which was more) but it does actually seem to be more than this.

> >> It does look as if you need a second basal rate at night but we would
> need
> >> to have B/G readings for a few nights to establish this .

So far the nighttime readings have been different every time.
Last night I tested:

9pm 8
11pm 6.6
2am 9.9
5am 11
7am 11.4

I did have a small amount of cheese in the evening though which
probably caused the 2am rise.
i'll carry on testing over the next few days and see what happens. Now
things are settling down a lot more it should be easier to test the
basals.

Di