Re: [IPk] dancing experience

No, I'm serious!
I know it seems hard to believe after my mails yesterday morning, but
over the weekend and since yesterday lunchtime this is what I've

Of course, I knwo it's not always going to be easy. But so far, every
single reading that's been out of normal range has had a n
explanation, and when I haven't been doing stupid things or been to
the gym, they've been steady. of course, I haven't submitted my body
to the things I normally submit it to, like drinking / dance
competitions / stress / other intense exercise / not eating all day /
partying or anything else diabetics aren't supposed to do <g> so I
don't expect eveyrthing to be as smooth.

But I am so happy with this so far, in spite of the problems.
And believe me, I would tell you if I hated my pump!
I didn't quite jump out of bed this morning but that's only because I
didn't want my pump to hit the floor <g>.
I feel like I've got my life back after 20 years.

I was interested to see what the GP would say about my pumpwhen i went
in this am to get my prescription changed.
now that was frustrating.
"I want to change my prescription from Humalog cartridges to Humalog
vials please."
Simple request i thought.
After repeating it about 5 times and the guy going
"vials...Humalog...cartridges..." (he wasn't a native English speaker)
he asked me if I was a diabetic. With my notes in his nhand and all my
details on the computer screen in front of him.
After a few more minutes....
"Are you insulin-dependent?"
(well, duh, no that's why yuo can see all the insulins I've ever had
and my sringes and needles
on your screen and that's why i want my Humalog prescription)
"yes I am"
(he faffs around for another 10 minutes with the computer and I have
to explain another 6 times what I want.)
"So why do you want Humalog then?"
"no, I'm already using it, all I want to change is the container it
comes in" (explained about the pump but he wasn't interested)
he didn't seemt ounderstand what I wanted so i tried it another way
"type Humalog and when it comes up with a list of choices, picj the
one that says 10ml instead of the one that says 1.5 ml"
He seemed to understand that, but then had difficulty witht he fact
that it came up with 100u/ml.
I explained that that was the strength, not the quantity fo insulin.
Finally we got there. I asked for 2 bottles and he managed to
prescribe one instruction for 2 bottles and another one for one
bottle. Oh well....
And despite my asking for it to be put on repeat prescription, he
failed to do that as well and gave it to me as a one-off.
hopefuly when I go back I'll get someone a bit more competent. I'm
just glad i wasn't asking him for a diagnosis or for anythig even
slightly complicated!
I was really quite shocked at his incompetence.
iof he couldn understnad a simple request from someone reasonabyl
articulate I dread to think what he's like with the majority of the
Moss Side residents!

i seem to get all the best docs :-)

 Di... do you really mean this? If you want to say "I hate these stupid