Re: [IPk] the questions begin

>My attempts to get her interested in anythign on the Internet were
>pretty much rejected, although she has internet access.

The medical profession still seem to have its knickers in a twist about the
internet. It upsets their established control mechanisms - both authority
control and quality control. This is neither a good nor a bad thing, but
something that they have to sort out.

I suspect it is patients like us turning up armed to the teeth with the
latest and best information that will drive them to keep ahead as well.
This will benefit all.

My endo in Bristol (can we agree to use the US term "endo" on this UK list?
It's a lot easier to type than "diabetes consultant"...) is delighted to
correspond with me by email, and we in turn copy my GP as well. The
correspondence then turns 3-way which is good. Doctors who aren't emailable
I tend to steer clear of.

John N