Re: [IPk] the questions begin

> >This has got to be the worst experience anyone has ever had starting on the
> >pump, and you are still enthusiastic, Di, I think you're great, you're an
> >example to all the whingers out there, I take my hat off to you!

I didn't tell you the half of it either :-)

> >Not only that but it reinforces my view that we have to get everybody
> >educated about pump therapy, but I don't want to get on my soapbox again.

Me too. I had high hopes after hearing how they had patients on pumps,
a trained nurse, etc etc. Bit disappointing to find they're not quite
as clued up as I thought. I have a feeling that this is the nurse
rather than Rob Davies. After all, he was very happy fpr me to go onto
the pump when I explained my reasons - none of this "you won't get
better control on it" business. In fact I hardly had to explain my
reasons. The nurse was a different matter.

John H, she is very keen to get in touch with you by the way. More I
think for what she can get out of Disetronic than to gain any
knowledge (me - sceptical?). But she's going to contact you, and she's
going to the BDA meeting in Glasgow and is keen to talk to you. A
chance to educate her some?

My attempts to get her interested in anythign on the Internet were
pretty much rejected, although she has internet access.
basically I was dyingto get out of her office before I strangled her
so I didnt' spend too long trying to convince her.