Re: [IPr] Re: faith, pregnancies and pumps...

email @ redacted writes:
>I have a Paradigm and it holds 180 units, but that is not all usable
> It takes roughly 20-30

I've used the Paradigm for just a month or so now, but I find it only
takes the machine just over ten units to prime it.

> units to prime the line, leaving you with roughly 150
>units of usable insulin.  I have never had a problem running low on
>and I use roughly 32-34 units a day just in basal rates.  If I find
>running low and don't feel like doing a set change, I will give my
>boluses by
>injection (not a big deal and does not happen very often).  But yes, it
>get expensive if you have to change to resevoir every 2 days.  I have
>lucky to get 3 days out of each set.
I use about a total of 35-40 units a day... with basal and boluses... so
(shh... don't tell anyone) but I can get four days out of each set.

Cynthia Albrecht
Social Studies/English teacher
Legacy High School
2701 W. 136th Ave
Broomfield, CO 80020
email: email @ redacted

Whose history is it to tell?  The historians who study it or the people
who lived it?  - CKA