[IPr] pregnancy

The field of diabetes in which the most progress has been made is pregnancy.
25 years ago, my daughter was diagnosed at age 11. She was told (not by me)
that she would probably never be able to have children. she has 3 one set of
twins and a single birth, and that was before she had a pump.  In addition to
advances in pregnancy management, we have  many advances in treating
premature babies. The most insulin resistant population group is pregnant
women with diabetes.  The hormones of pregnancy make your body resistant to
insulin.  It is not unusual to have insulin doses triple by delivery time.
If you know this is normal, then you won't freak out. I worked with pregnant
people with diabetes at a hospital in Atlanta that delivers over 15,000
babies/year.  Emotional swings are common, but there are lots of strategies
for dealing with stress during pregnancy. The most important for your spouse
to understand that bursting into tears over "nothing," forgetfulness (where
are those car keys)? is perfectly normal. Priscilla  Schell