[IPr] Re: adoption, God, guilt, and location

Wow, thanks for your original post, Debbie, because this is the longest
Spirit digest I've ever gotten.  I was especially interested in everyone's
comments about adoption.  I'm getting married in March and am a little
concerned that I might not be able to get pregnant.  I've been diabetic for
21 years and didn't take the greatest care of myself when I was a kid, so I'm
a little concerned I may have done some damage, although the only diabetic
complication I've ever had from that is a touch of high blood pressure, that
I've been able to control through diet.  Anyway, my fiance and I are also
considering adoption and I've wondered if being diabetic for so long might
give me some challenges.

I also wanted to mention that my parents grew up in Jackson, Michigan, and my
aunt & uncle lived in Warren, MI for several years.  Now my p's live in
Florida, and I live in Denver.

I have also never felt like diabetes was a punishment from God, although
sometimes when I'm having diabetic problems that I can't seem to fix (i.e.,
high bg's with no rhyme or reason for a few days) I want to shake my fist at
Him and ask what He's trying to tell me.  I actually think of diabetes as
sort of a gift from God--just because if I wasn't diabetic, I never would
have started exercising or watching my weight, and I would probably be in
horrible shape by this point in my life.  Diabetes gives me incentive to take
care of myself that I'm not sure I would have otherwise.

I feel more 'guilty' (or maybe 'selfish' is a better word) when others say
they will pray for me and I'm grateful.  I don't make a habit of asking
others to pray for me, at least not with diabetes--I've had some chronic
problems with sinusitis that make me feel as if I always have a cold or
allergies--but when people offer or tell their friends to pray for me, I am
always very grateful.  I can use all the help I can get, I guess!

I was really glad to get a long Spirit digest!  Thanks!