Re: [IPr] hello

In a message dated 09/16/2002 7:08:25 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

       You are a good person, and healing spiritually and emotionally is
different than healing physically.  If each of us can heal spiritually enough
to believe that we are "good enough to be loved or even prayed for" or able
to enjoy life despite the limitations of diabetes, I believe that we are
healing.  Some people are being healed of diabetes with islet cell
transplants although they have to take medication to prevent rejection.
Everytime one of those transplants is successful I believe it helps every
diabetic in the world.
       We call all pray for all diabetics and diabetes researchers, and bring
help to everyone.  People with diabetes have to know how to ask for help with
our healing, especially from God.  I was diagnosed in 1971 at age 12.  This
year is the first time that I have believed that there may be a cure in my
lifetime.  I have no complications, I know that I am learning a lot everyday &
 thank God that I can help others and receive their help.
       I still maintain that diabetes is a lesson of self discipline
physically, emotionally, and spiritually as well as a lesson of self
acceptance as less than "perfect".  Control is great, but not always possible
every single day when faced with emotional conflicts, stress, and the common
cold.  The key is to never, never feel helpless or give up the goal of doing
your best, loving life as frequently as possible, and growing/healing
spiritually.  We are strong enough to ask God for help to release fear and
the negative comments of insensitive others.  Don't give in to feeling
       I joined this list over 2 years ago and communication has always been