Re: [IPr] hello

Hi Debby!

I've been on the spirit list for several weeks and this is the first message
I've received!  I was wondering if there had been a mistake.

40 years -- WOW!!  That really is a long time!  I was diagnosed 26 years ago
at age 14, and also feel blessed:  My only complication has been neuropathy
(stomach and back).  As a young adult I was told I would be dead by my late
30s after several years of kidney failure and blindness.

HA!!  We showed them!

Good for you for adopting!  When I was married we were on an adoption
waiting list.  At that time, my diabetes doc said my risk of severe
complications would be increased if I got pregnant.  I've been divorced for
15 years, never remarried or had any children.  I do best with the furry
types of kids (a 17 month old Husky, and a 13 year old Samoyed).  My 80 year
old mother lives with me and we're getting ready to move my 82 year old Dad
to the Denver area to an Assisted Living Center--he's getting Alzheimer's.
So it seems like I do have "children" after all in taking care of my

Whenever I think of "why did God allow this to happen to me?"  I remember
Jesus' answer when people asked him if an afflicted person was sick due to
his sin or his parent's sin--"Neither, but to have the opportunity for God
to show His power" (I'm really paraphrasing here).

BTW, Long-winded and silly sounds great to me!

Best wishes,

Animas pump since July 8, 2002