Re: [IPr] FW: forward to spirit

In a message dated 11/11/2002 6:45:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  Does that mean you reject this recent
> discovery of the first (perhaps) historical (as opposed to religious
> writings) finding that indicates that there really was a Jesus?

WRONG! Matt, have you ever heard of The Shroud of Turin? I'm sure you
haven't, but it is artifact that has been studied minutely with electron
microscopy and venerated by we Catholics for centuries. IMO it is beyond
question Jesus' burial shroud. It bears an image of His face, body, and
wounds just as Holy Scripture describes them. If you're really the
dispassionate, nonbiased inquirer that you claim to be, you need to spend
some time here:

You won't hear The Shroud discussed by your august professors I'm certain.

>My father-in-law for years has cited that there is no historical
>evidence there ever was a Jesus.  This is the first, but because it was
>discovered by non-Christians you are not interested?  How frightening.

Your father-in-law, huh? Now who could argue with such an authority? You sure
do frighten easily, Matt. Are you threatened by anyone that disagees with

Best regards,
 Gil (who started it all)