[IPr] Re: My thoughts, and coping

>Absolutely. Jesus denounced the laws of man, not the laws of God. He
>did that time and time again. More great lessons for mankind.
>Pharisees were following their own laws thinking they were pleasing
>God. That's why the Bible is so important for us to know what God's
>laws are and what is expected of us to follow Him and not the world.

But the problem wasn't that the Pharisees didn't study their Scriptures.  On
the contrary, they used the "rules" in their Scriptures to condemn and
marginalize others.  I'm sure they could have cited one or more scripture
passages for everything they did.  But they weren't doing God's will
because they weren't acting out of love.  To me, this is actually an
excellent example of what I mean by allowing Scripture to become an idol.