Re: [IPr] Re: My thoughts, and coping

On 11 Nov 2002 at 11:38, Kress Family wrote:

> >Yes, I've found the writings at   http://www.westarinstitute.org/
> >and they are very interesting and I will pursue them further.   Not
> >that they have changed my mind, but they have piqued my intellect.
> >If it weren't for this discussion I might not have been exposed to
> >this.  VERY interesting, thanks to all of you!  Any suggested sites
> >on the Quran or Bhagavad Gita would be appreciated also.
> >
> >George     :>)

> I just read the article at  http://www.westarinstitute.org/  on the
> Jesus Seminars.  I didn't realize it was written by a Jewish Rabbi,
> which explains a lot.  Excerpt:

The title of THAT article was "The Significance of the Work of the Jesus Seminar for
Judaism" so who else would you expect?

Read the article:
which is titled "David Friedrich Strauss - Miracle and Myth".   Perhaps with the author,
Marcus J. Borg, being of Lutheran upbringing it might be more of interest to you. I found
his own personal story "Me & Jesus - The Journey Home" quite uplifting:
Perhaps you will find it so.   Perhaps not.   :>)