Re: [IPr] Re: Depression, and coping

Kristen - I'll keep you in my prayers.
We had a bit of difficulty in my family this week.  My grandmother died after
a long illness.  While we were there, my niece told my daughter how much she
admired her for her strength and how she carried herself.  Since my daughter,
too, is a depressive, this news both surprised her and made her stop and
think.  Also, I was made to think about life.  No matter who you are, what
you do, how you feel about yourself, there is almost definitely someone who
looks up to you.
Those of us with diabetes should be applauded for simply surviving.  Remember
how far medicine has advanced in the last few years and how good our life
really is.  Depression is an illness that is our constant companion.  A daily
battle.  Drugs help tremendously, but dealing with the stigma is also trying
at times.
I have fibromyalgia, diabetes, a visual disability, and depression.  Between
the constant pain, and the sugar highs and lows, it's no wonder depression
gets such a good hold sometimes!  But, I have had relatives who have
committed suicide, and I know what it does to those left behind.
Please feel free to write me directly if you want to unload or feel the world
is unbearable.