Re: [IPr] My thoughts, and coping

In a message dated 11/9/2002 11:06:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> While I disagree with much of what they
> are doing, they are most certainly not out to slander or demean Jesus.
> They
> are faithful Christians, and I think that is apparent in Borg's book,
> "Meeting Jesus Again for the First Time."

I believe that the book title you refer to probably distills the depth of
thought present therein; AGAIN for THE FIRST TIME? Is the author's first name
"Cy"? <smile> Time is too short for me to read such stuff. I've read synopses
of The Jesus Seminar's agenda in orthodox Catholic publications ( Crisis
Magazine, New Oxford Review) and have concluded that are simply a rebellious
bunch who are out to subvert faith in Christ, and to promote faith in
themselves. Saint Paul warned the Colossians about just such solipsism: 2:8
"Make sure that no one captivates you with the empty lure of a 'philosopy' of
the kind that human beings hand on, based on the principles of this world and
not on Christ".

>They are faithful Christians,... the whole of the Bible is myth in the
classic meaning

I guess we're speaking different languages Jim. If these guys are faithful
Christians, I guess I'll have to take my faith aspirations elsewhere.

Long live Orthodoxy!