Re: [IPr] My thoughts, and coping

I, too, suffer from depression.  I've been on Prozac for a few years now.  I
know that most don't wish to talk about depression because of the stigma of
being "crazy", but I will openly discuss anything because it might help
someone else.

I have had my pump for 2 months now, and love it!  I have a paradigm.  I have
essentially cut my insulin usage in half and don't have the lows that I was
having.  The only thing I don't like is that it starts telling me that the
pump is low with 30 units left.  30 units will last me several hours more.
My husband has had some adjustment with it, because he has always felt that
he had to make sure I eat when I should, and now with the pump, it isn't so

My mother has recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.  She has been
apologizing to me every day since then.  She says she always assumed that if
I'd just eat right and exercise that I wouldn't have these problems.  Now she
is struggling with the highs and lows and she is thin, eats right, and does
field and garden work!  It's a shame that some people have to walk in your
shoes before they understand!