Re: [IPr] My thoughts, and coping

Gil <email @ redacted> wrote:

>  You've postulated a logical impossibility: "modern theological thought".
> Jesus Seminar is the work of a bunch of rebellious Catholics, disgruntled
> college professors and others who can't imagine anyone more important than
> themselves.

Gil, have you read any of the work?  While I disagree with much of what they
are doing, they are most certainly not out to slander or demean Jesus.  They
are faithful Christians, and I think that is apparent in Borg's book,
"Meeting Jesus Again for the First Time."

My disagreement with them is that the whole of the Bible is myth in the
classic meaning, so it makes little sense to de-mythologize (their word) the

Jim Handsfield