Re: [IPr] My thoughts, and coping

In a message dated 11/9/2002 4:27:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> On a more positive note, wish me luck I am going to a two day program put on
> the by the Jesus Seminar next weekend.  Modern theological thought on
> historic Jesus.

 You've postulated a logical impossibility: "modern theological thought". The
Jesus Seminar is the work of a bunch of rebellious Catholics, disgruntled
college professors and others who can't imagine anyone more important than
themselves. You can depend on their demeaning and slandering Jesus and of
doing their best to bring Him down to their level. I suggest that a reading
of the Gospel of John, the book of Acts, and Saint Paul's letters would be a
more reliable source of education.   Jesus' teachings and life have proven
the cornerstones of Western civilization and are responsible for the reformed
lives of billions of persons (myself included) who once regarded life as
pointless and without meaning.

If His life was as ordinary as your "professors" will no doubt portray it,
how is it that belief in Him has survived for 2000 years and that He has more
followers than ever?  Be sure to fully extend your "Critical Thinking
Antennae" when you hear the propagandists at The Jesus Seminar, OK?

Best regards,