[IPr] My thoughts, and coping

>Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 21:41:35 EST
>From: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IPr] Re:  My thoughts, and coping

>although I have bad times, like I'm having now.
>I also suffer from depression and sometimes am overwhelmed by the other
>things going on in my life when I also have to deal with diabetes.

Kristin & others,

I know it isn't spiritual, but if it is depression, not just the blues (goes
on for long periods of time; gives you suicidal thoughts with details;
disrupts eating & sleeping; etc) please please consider getting on a SSRI
(Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft) and consider seeing a counselor.  I will privately
share my experiences with anyone that e-mails.  But let me state one thing,
for most (YMMV) people these drugs let them "feel more like themselves".
They do not get you high or spacey.  There are commonly sexual side effects
(for some), but the trade-off seems small to me - being able to get out of
bed vs. having fun in bed.

On a more positive note, wish me luck I am going to a two day program put on
the by the Jesus Seminar next weekend.  Modern theological thought on
historic Jesus.