Re: [IPr] Happy Thanksgiving

In a message dated 11/23/2000 7:44:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> What are each of you thankful for?

You know what?  I have been meaning to post to the list, about something I am
very thankful for!  Just in the past couple of months I know 2 children that
have been dx'd with diabetes.  One is the 10 year old daughter of a good
friend of mine.  Someone who I used to be very close to "spiritually" and my
youngest (non-diabetic) and her daughter were good friends.  They live on the
other side of town and we kinda lost touch, but still have that close bond.
You can bet she called as soon as there was an inkling about her daughter.
Second on Halloween, a 14 year old boy in our youth was dx'd with type 1! He
is one year ahead of my daughter, but happens to be in the 8th grade (which I
teach 8th grade girls).  Anyway, I am always on youth functions.

All that to say, that I am so very thankful that God has been able to use
Allie and myself to encourage both of these people.  Adults and kids.  I am
so thankful for Allison's positive outlook on diabetes!  I told my hubby that
if my child had just been dx'd I would want Allie to be the one to talk to
them.  She has a very good attitude about diabetes.  And I also think that
she is greatful to be able to encourage these other 2 kids!  I am also so
incredibly thankful that I am at youth functions, and will be able to "keep
and eye" on this other boy.  We had a big youth worship rally a couple of
weeks ago.  The leaders fixed breakfast and he walked up to me and asked me
which of those things could he eat.  I was able to help him figure out what
would be good choices.

Anyway, it is GREAT to be a part of God's plan, knowing that Allie and I can
be here to encourage others during such an awful time!  To see the way he
entertwined our lives with these people years before we ever imagined our
kids would be dx'd!

I am thankful for a God who loves and cares for us!

mom to Allie 12, dx'd 8/98 and pumping 12/99
and katie 10