Re: [IPr] Prayer and diabetes

       I have had diabetes for 31 years, since I was 12 years old.  I see
diabetes as a way for see to learn to love myself even though my body is
limited.  I have to use my mind to overcome the obstacles that my body has.
Diabetes teaches patience, self-discipline, persistence, and being grateful
for what others take for granted.  Diabetes also teaches us to love ourselves
even though we're "different", and to make a choice between fear of the
future and optimism that we can handle anything.
       When I pray, I pray for patience, optimism, the self discipline to
never quit on myself, to never let fear beat me down, and of course a
miracle.  Every time I help someone else less fortuneate than myself, or who
feels helpless to change, I feel I've made a deposit in my "miracle account"
with God.  If I get a miracle, I'll assume it's because I've learned to
overcome all that diabetes needed to teach me.  I pray for the strength not
to let worry or fear rule my life, and to live in the present moment.
       Hope this helps someone.