Re: [IPr] Prayer and diabetes

Dear Kay,
You wrote that your daughter who is 13 has diabetes and you struggle daily.I
am almost 44 and I have had diabetes since I was 14.While I have had my ups
and downs I am currently in the best health of my entire life.In November I
completed my first marathon with TEAM DIABETES. I am the mother of twins who
are almost 13 years old. I am healthy,happy and do anything anyone else
does.I have been reading about praying for healing diabetes and I must say I
pray daily for the strength to handle what comes my way.I believe everything
happens for a reason and there is a much bigger picture.Diabetes is a
challenging disease but with proper management--monitoring blood
glucose,daily activity and proper nutrition it is not life threating.We can
lead full active lives.recently I attended a Diabetes Exercise Sports
Association  Spring into Health Conference in NYC I met diabetics that did
several running marathons and even someone who is a mountain climber who went
to the North Pole and is training to go to the south pole.There are no
limitations---only the ones we place on ourselves.
Pray for patience and strength. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
If you would like more info about DESA (they have a newsletter) the e-mail
address is www.diabetes-exercise.org