[IPr] Re: prayer

Laura, I pray very often for God to heal me of everything that's wrong with
me, including my diabetes.  I'm with you on whether or not God actually will
do that--I'm not sure that will happen.  But I pray for it anyway; I pray a
lot about very abstract things, like that God will make me healthy in
whatever way He will.  I always hope that will result in my feeling better.
I don't know that I've seen any tangible results.  I couldn't point to times
my blood sugars have been better as a result of prayer.   Sometimes I feel
that when I pray for these more abstract things (i.e., better health), I do
see that God is answering my prayers; some days I feel better than others.  I
also keep reminding myself that sometimes God has to say no, and that He has
his reasons.  I pray sometimes, too, that God will help me take care of
myself better, and I do see that God helps me in that way.

It's a good question!  I'm curious to see what other people will say.