Re: [IPr] Re: faith & diabetes

On 9 May 2002 at 14:47, email @ redacted wrote:

> Amy, you mentioned that your faith had helped you get through some dark times in
> your son's BGs.  My faith has helped me through some rough times, too, but I
> also sometimes get very irritated with God when I go through long rough times,
> and wondered if anyone else experiences this.  I know that God answers every
> prayer, he just sometimes says no, but lately I have had lots of health problems
> and have been praying to God very hard for help.  My main problems are with
> chronic sinus infections and headaches, which is just exacerbated by the
> diabetes, and I've been frustrated with the lack of progress in recovering from
> these.  I don[t know if support is something you can ask for here, and if I'm
> out of line I apologize.
> I subscribed to this list because my faith is a very big part of my life;
> from what I just wrote you may not see that in me.  Has anyone else ever felt
> this way?
> Thanks, Kristin

No, your post is not "out of line" and I'm glad you posted this here.  This is certainly the place to ask for support and understanding, particularly when it does involve faith.  I
suppose all of us have been through periods like you describe where our Faith is challenged.  Maybe it is a test, or maybe it is something designed to make us stronger, to
deal with some more difficult challenge in the future.

Be strong, and when you feel weakness, know that there are many others here who have felt those same challenges and who would stand beside you to help you "shoulder
that load".