RE: [IPr] Frustrations!! Questions!

Girl, you need to get yourself some extra meters!  You need backup should
one fail.   Anytime I see a postcard or advertisement for a free meter I get
one.  You never know when you're going to need a meter.  You need to check
your bg more often especially if you can't feel the lows.

Check with your DOCTOR, endocrinologist!!!!!

Lower your basals in your pump so you don't go low when you don't eat.  Eat
something every hour.  Maybe switch to injection of levemir once a day and
go off the pump for a while.

My lowest bg was 19 and I have never passed out or been in the hospital for
low bgs or any other reason related to Diabetes.
I don't believe it's always how low, but it could be that you had a sudden
drop of your bgs.  You have to be more aware of what you do, exercise,
expending energy and what you eat,  high sugar carbs, etc.  Don't over
bolus!

I've had a reaction and then tested my bgs and it was 75, so the number
doesn't always tell you how you're gonna feel.

I suppose with the amount of money the ER is going to cost, your insurance
should have bought you a CGMS.  I can't understand why they don't pay for
the preventative stuff which costs nothing compared to the ER and hospital
stays for complications.

I have the Dexcom CGMS and I think I paid $600 or $800 for it.  The sensors
are like $60, but you could call them and see if they have any discount
programs.  Check with your insurance company again and I would think if your
Doctor says you must have it, then insurance should pay.

I really think you need to re-prioritize your life, save the money, and get
a CGMS!!!