[IPr] Frustrations!! Questions!

Hi All,
I've been trying to lose weight over the past 2-3 months. I've made it up to
35 lbs with around 40 more to go. The problem is now that my BGs are all over
the map. I've been trying to retest my basal rates but it seems like everytime
I do I get different results. I also have hypoglycemic unawareness on top of
it all which is making life a constant hassle. I am a paramedic and I work
night shift anywhere from 36-60hrs a week.  The final straw I guess was when I
tried to collapse at church during our Summit meetings. At least I didn't go
down on the platform in front of 1300 people. 2 of our men who are also EMTs
met me in the back hallway. I thought I was just tired. They kept asking me
about my BG level which I thought was fine. My meter had broken earlier that
day and my back up was MIA. They were just going to drive me home but when I
went to get up I totally washed out and was in and out of consciousness. The
paramedics got 69 but couldn't get a line
 started. By the time I got to the ER it was 48. I spent about 5 hrs in the
ER. The interesting thing is that I have been down as low as the 30s and not
passed out. I can't think of why it would be so bad this time.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to get a better grip on things. My
insurance won't pay for the CGMS and I can't afford to get it out of pocket.
The not knowing what it is going to do it making me nervous about my job. I
can't be treating pts with my BG levels crashing.

Thank you for any help,

Victoria Waddell, MICP