[IPr] Ginny / Lunch Story

When I saw your post at first, with the above title, I thought you were the
one unsubscribing, & I was very disappointed - you are someone whose
opinions & strength I have come to respect, & I'm very glad you are on here!
I know that this isn't a large list like the regular one, but I've really
found some things of value in what folks have offered here...thanks to  all
who are a part!

To All,

The following story was sent to me & I've shared it with people of  more
faiths than I can count.  No, it is not specifically diabetes-related...yes,
it does have something to say about the value we may find in one another
(different though we may be) & the presence of the Divine in our lives.

Have a Beautiful Day!

Brightest Blessings,

Let's Do Lunch!!

A little boy wanted to meet GOD. He knew it was a long trip to where GOD
lived, so he packed his suitcase with twinkies and a six pack of rootbeer,
and he started his journey.
When he had gone about three blocks, he met an old woman. She was sitting in
the park just staring at some pigeons.  The boy sat down next to her and
opened his suitcase. He was about to take a drink from his root beer when he
noticed that the old lady looked hungry,  so he offered her a twinkie. She
gratefully accepted it and smiled at him.  Her smile was so pretty that the
boy wanted to see it again, so he offered her a root beer. Again, she smiled
at him. The boy was delighted!

They sat there all afternoon eating and smiling, but they never said a word.
As it grew dark, the boy realized how tired he was and he got up to leave,
but before he had gone more than a few steps, he turned around, ran back to
the old woman, and gave her a hug. She gave him her biggest smile ever.

When the boy opened the door to his own house a short time later, his mother
was surprised by the look of joy on his face. She asked him, "What did you
do today that made you so happy?"
He replied, "I had lunch with GOD."
But before his mother could respond, he added, you know what?  She's got the
most beautiful smile I've ever seen!"

Meanwhile, the old woman, also radiant with joy, returned to her  home.  Her
son was stunned by the look of peace on her face and he asked  "Mother, what
did you do today that  made you so happy?"
She replied, "I ate twinkies  in the park with GOD."
However, before her son responded, she added, "You  know, he's much younger
than I expected."

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind  word, a
listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of
which have the potential to turn a life around.  People come into our lives
for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. Embrace all equally!

Send this to people who have touched your life in a special way.  Let
them know how important they are. Have lunch with GOD.